Tips on what to wear in any season in NORTH OF ARGENTINA
On the Bike
– Cycling jerseys or athletic shirts
– Cycling shorts
– Cycling shoes (if you bring your own pedals)
– Sneakers (if you don’t bring your own pedals)
– Athletic socks
– Arm/leg warmers
– Lightweight, waterproof, wind-resistant jacket or vest
– Bike gloves
– Bike saddle/cover (if you prefer your own)
Do I Need to Bring Special Cycling Gear?
Cycling shorts are designed to provide extra padding when spending the whole day in the saddle. You’ll be glad to have them—don’t forget the chamois cream!
If you bring your own cycling shoes, you must bring your own pedals. If you’ve never used clip-in pedals before, we don’t recommend using them on tour.
Arm and leg warmers are essential for cooler weather. Wear them with your short-sleeve jersey and shorts for lightweight, easy-to-pack, and effective warmth.
Bike gloves are a preference, but are recommend for long tours. The padding in gloves can ease arm, shoulder, and joint fatigue.